911 GT3 Cup (Type 992)
All for one. One for all.
One thing matters to us above all in motorsport and that is our team. We drive together. We win together.
Certainly the race car, drivers, and lap times are crucial, but we know it is the teamwork that makes us triumph. We are driven to face every challenge as a group in order to achieve our goals. In every racing series, in every race, on every track around the world “it takes a team to achieve a dream.”
After more than seven decades in motorsport, we know that dreams are achieved in teams. No matter if it is 24-hour race or in a Porsche one-make series round, Dream Spirit is always the key to success. With the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, a new team member is standing by for our customer racing teams, our motorsport fans and for everyone who loves sports cars.
We call the race tracks of the world our home.
The race track is where the sense of team spirit can be truly felt. For the first time, the new race car
is being delivered in GT Silver Metallic. A colour, which on the one hand emphasises the sportiness
and on the other hand has historical significance in motorsport.
Those who take a closer look at the communication design of the new 911 GT3 Cup will notice a myriad of race tracks running across this silver-coloured vehicle. These indicate where the 911 GT3 Cup will be taking to the grid in its inaugural season. Another design highlight is the stripe running across the race car. Already a feature of the 911 RSR, this line represents a red thread, or blue in the case of the 911 GT3 Cup, that has long run through the timeless design of the 911 family.
We live our dream, as a team.
The new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car is based on the eighth generation of the Porsche 911 (992) and impresses with its versatility. The 992 is made for young, ambitious talents beginning their careers, as well as experienced professionals fighting for podium finishes.
With its 4.0-litre 6-cylinder engine with 510 hp and Porsche six-speed sequential dog-type gearbox, the latest Porsche is not only ideal for racing, but also for winning. The interior has been completely ergonomically redesigned, including a large colour display, illuminated controls and a motorsport steering wheel made of carbon-fibre reinforced plastic.
The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car is ready to be unleashed on the track.
Technical Data Sheet
|Total weight:||1,260 kg (2,778 lbs)|
|Total length:||4,585 mm (180.51 inches)|
|Total width (front axle):||1,920 mm (75.59 inches)|
|Total width (rear axle):||1,902 mm (74.88 inches)|
|Wheelbase:||2,459 mm (96.81 inches)|
- Water-cooled 6-cylinder boxer engine
- Displacement 3,996 cm3; stroke 81.5 mm; bore 102 mm
- Max. power: 375 kW (510PS) at 8,400 rpm
- Max. torque: 470 Nm at 6,150 rpm
- Max. rpm: 8,750 rpm
- Single throttle butterfly system
- Intake manifold with two resonance flaps
- Dry-sump lubrication with oil-water heat exchanger
- Race exhaust system with DMSB certified catalytic converter
- Engine control unit Bosch MS 6.6
- Single-mass flywheel
- Fuel quality: Superplus unleaded, to E20 (min. 98 octane)
Porsche six-speed sequential dog-type gearbox.
- Gear ratios: Ring & pinion gear 15/23 i = 1.533 – Final drive 16/39 i = 2.438 – 1st gear 13/41 i = 3.154 – 2nd gear 17/40 i = 2.353 – 3rd gear 20/37 i = 1.850 – 4th gear 24/36 i = 1.500 – 5th gear 24/30 i = 1.250 – 6th gear 28/30 i = 1.071
- Internal pressure-oil lubrication with active oil cooling by oil-water heat exchanger
- Mechanical limited slip differential
- Three-plate sintered metal racing clutch
- Paddle shift with electronic shift barrel actuator
- Lightweight body featuring intelligent aluminum-steel composite design
- Integrated (welded) roll-cage in accordance with FIA regulations (permitted for co-driver usage on circuit events)
- Front cover with integrated quick-release fasteners; cooler exit-air duct and central air intake for cockpit ventilation
- Removeable rescue hatch in accordance with the latest FIA safety regulations
- Mounting points for lifting device
- Fenders with extensions
- Widened front bumper with spoiler lip
- Rear bodywork with integrated rain light in accordance with FIA regulations
- Carbon-fiber reinforced plastic doors with quick release push button
- Carbon-fiber reinforced plastic rear lid with integrated quick-release fasteners; removeable
- Carbon-fiber reinforced plastic adjustable rear wing with ‘swan neck’ mounting (11 positions)
- Polycarbonate windows with hard coating
- Rear underbody paneling with NACA ducts for brake, driveshaft and shift barrel actuator cooling
Modified 911 cockpit:
- Carbon- fiber reinforced plastic interior trim panels
- Ergonomic digital touch panel with multi-colour backlight aligned towards driver
- Multifunctional carbon-fiber reinforced plastic motorsport steering wheel with quick release coupling, shift paddles and illuminated push buttons
- Adjustable steering column with steering angle sensor
- Safety nets (center and driver’s side) in accordance with latest FIA safety regulations
- Optimised cockpit ventilation featuring airflow directed at driver
- Racing bucket seat in accordance with FIA standard 8862/2009 / infinite longitudinal adjustment, two positions for height and inclination adjustment / padding system in four sizes to adapt seat to individual drivers (delivered with size M) / preparation for seat ventilation )
- Six-point racing safety harness
- FT3 safety fuel cell (approx. 110 liters) and dry break couplings for fueling and draining using a fully enclosed system
- ‘Fuel Cut-Off’ safety valve in accordance with FIA regulations
- Integrated air-jack system (three jacks) with valve mounting points on either side of the car
- Forged control arms & top mounts (stiffness optimised / heavy-duty spherical bearings with dust protection)
- Wheel hubs with center-lock wheel nut
- Shock absorbers with motorsport-specific valve characteristics, non-adjustable
- Double-blade type adjustable anti-roll bars
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Double wishbone front suspension, adjustable ride height, camber and toe
- Electric power steering with manual function to ease car maneuvering
- Multi-link rear suspension, ride height adjustment, camber and toe
- Motorsport driveshafts optimised for reliability and durability
Two independent brake circuits incorporating front and rear axle brake pressure sensors, driver-adjustable brake force distribution via brake balance system.
- Racing brake pads
- Optimised brake ducts
- Ergonomic brake pedal positioning
- Six-piston aluminum monobloc racing brake calipers with ‘anti knock-back’ piston springs
- Ventilated 380 mm x 32 mm steel brake discs mounted on aluminum disc bells
- Four-piston aluminum monobloc racing brake calipers with ‘anti knock-back’ piston springs
- Ventilated 380 mm x 32 mm steel brake discs mounted on aluminum disc bells
Typical GT rim/tyre combination
- Single piece center-lock alloy wheels conforming to Porsche specification and design, 12J x 18
- Treaded Michelin transportation tyres; tyre size: 30/65-18
- Single piece center-lock alloy wheels conforming to Porsche specification and design, 13J x 18
- Treaded Michelin transportation tyres; tyre size: 31/71-18
- 10.3” Porsche colour display
- Porsche logger
- Porsche power box
- Fire extinguisher system (extinguishing agent: NOVEC gas)
- Lightweight 12V, 60Ah battery (LiFePO4) leak-proof, installed in co-driver’s footwell
- Digital touch panel with multi-colour backlight
- 175A alternator
- Single-arm windscreen wiper with direct drive (intermittent and continuous operation)
- Three additional center console switches for additional power consumers
- Data connection (data logger, video system)
LED Lighting system:
- Main headlights
- Daytime running lights
- Rainlight in compliance with FIA homologation regulations